Monday, March 17, 2014

Non-Postcrossing Personal Collection 1-10

In no particular order...

Postcard #1
I lived in Providence, RI for a year. Every winter before the holidays there was a store named Craftland that opened up. It was an array of crafts done by many artists all in one store. Almost like a craft fair without the artists. This store was quite a bit more unique than any craft show I have been to (I regularly go to them here in Maine). Much more to my kind of style. Providence is very artsy, which is probably why I loved living there. This postcard is of a tiger wire sculpture. I learned how to make these in 6th grade, so I kept the postcard because it was neat and more elaborate than the one I had made. It has been hanging on a magnetic strip in my craft room. Notice the back has wire postcard designs.

Postcard #2
I got this postcard from my stuffed animal Winnie when she visited her host Heather in Virginia. Winnie was part of a "Little Visitor" craft swap. We sent each other our stuffed animals (Winnie the lamb and Icebox the Penguin), took them on adventures, scrapbooked about the adventures, and sent along souvenirs. Winnie and Heather went to the National Zoo in Washington, D.C.

Postcard #3
Winnie took two more visits with Heather after that. If I remember right, this postcard was sent during her 2nd visit while she was on vacation. Postmarked June 29, 2010

Postcard #4
This postcard was sent to me in a craft swap by someone who lives in Cleveland. It is of "The Terminal Tower, built in 1930, [it] is the second tallest building in Cleveland at 708ft". I like how the back has the image on it and the small box in the corner shows what part of the picture the description is describing.

Postcard #5
Same sender as the last. This one reads "Visitors to Cleveland, OH enjoy a wealth of museums including the lakeside museum dedicated to music and the history of Rock 'n Roll. Cleveland disc jockey Alan Freed coined the term 'Rock 'n Roll'"

Postcard #6
Same sender as the previous two.

No comments:

Post a Comment